The state-of-the-art STEM centre will be equipped with the latest equipment for training the engineers, scientists and technicians of the future. This will include:
- 3D printer and scanner
- 3D doodler
- Virtual welding machine
- Industrial robot
- Hydraulic rigs and simulation software
- Pneumatics rigs and simulation software
- Mechatronics systems
- Injection moulding machine
- Modular clean room with Class 10,000 (ISO 7) specification
- Online Labs
- Virtual Experiments
- 3D modelling software
- Digital microscopes & oscilloscopes
- Specialist spectrophotometers
- HPLC Chromotography
- Electrophoresis tanks
- Fingerprint fuming chamber
- Music production studio
- Fab lab with 3Dprinting, laser cutting CNC machine and CAD Design software
- Broadcast quality 4K cameras
- Film and sound recording studio
- 3D studio Max and Blender
- VR Virtual Reality headsets and gaming systems
Our STEM Centre offers exhibition space to showcase new equipment and technologies. Science and technology workshops and laboratory will have dedicated facilities that will include fab labs where budding product designers and entrepreneurs will access the latest in digital fabrication equipment for prototyping.
Our STEM B Centre is home to cutting edge technologies within the creative arts sector of digital media – Northumberland College is a Steinberg certified training centre with students trained is the use of leading music recording, arranging and digital editing software.
Our Wind Hub and Renewables Energy Centre, STEM Centre C, is located at Port of Blyth is home to our renewables provision.
Our facilities will ensure you have access to state-of-the-art equipment and will help to address skills shortages within science, technology, engineering and maths so you gain real experience for your future career.